Learn to Sew Level 1 – Chef or Artist’s Apron This single garment is absolutely packed with the most frequently-used sewing techniques that every stitcher needs to build skills and become an independent maker. Using the Palmer/Pletsch “Learn to Sew Level 1” pattern and your imagination, you will create a fab apron, make techniques samples to refer to later, and take away these skills:
- Sewing pattern anatomy and translation
- Fabric selection, layout, cutting
- Transferring pattern markings to fabric
- Technique samples: Stay stitching, clean finish, clipping & notching, grading & under stitching.
- Facings, Patch pockets, grommets
- Machine hemming
Classes are limited to four, so you each get lots of individual attention. Includes pattern, grommets and leather cord for straps.
Prerequisite: Sewing Machine Basics or equivalent
Two 3.5-hour sessions, $125
Please read our cancellation policy by clicking here!