Learn to Sew Level 1 – Chef or Artist’s Apron This single garment is absolutely packed with the most frequently-used sewing techniques that every stitcher needs to build skills and become an independent maker. Using the Palmer/Pletsch “Learn to Sew Level 1” pattern and your imagination, you will create a fab apron, make techniques samples to refer to later, and take away these skills:
- Sewing pattern anatomy and translation
- Fabric selection, layout, cutting
- Transferring pattern markings to fabric
- Technique samples: Stay stitching, clean finish, clipping & notching, grading, under stitching, catch stitch hem
- Facings, Patch pockets, Straps
- Machine hemming
Classes are limited to four, so you each get lots of individual attention. Everyone learns and sews at a different speed. About 30-60 minutes of homework may be assigned between weeks 2 and 3.
Prerequisite: Sewing Machine Basics or equivalent
three 3-hour sessions, $125
Please read our cancellation policy by clicking here!