Classes + Lessons
Beginning Sewing for Adults Classes
Learn to Sew Level 1: Chef or Artist’s Apron
This single garment is absolutely packed with the most frequently used sewing techniques that every stitcher needs to build skills and become an independent maker.
Using the Palmer/Pletsch “Learn to Sew Level 1” pattern and your imagination, you will create a fabulous apron, make technique samples to refer to later and take away these skills:
- Sewing pattern anatomy and translation
- Fabric selection, layout and cutting
- Transferring pattern markings to fabric
- Technique samples: stay stitching, clean finish, clipping and notching, grading and under stitching
- Facings, patch pockets and grommets
- Machine hemming
Classes are limited to four, so you’ll get plenty of individual attention. Includes pattern, grommets and leather cord for straps (or learn to sew your own from matching fabric).
Prerequisite: Sewing Machine Basics or equivalent
Two 3.5-hour sessions, $125
Please Read: Class bring list PDF.
Mondays, April 13 & 20, 2020, 6-9:30pm
Tuesdays, May 5 & 12, 2020, 6-9:30pm
Thursdays, June 25 & July 2, 2020, 6-9:30pm
Thursdays, August 13 & 20, 6-9:30pm
Please Read: Our Cancellation & Refund Policy.